How Many CamelBak Bottles Should I Drink Per Day?

CamelBak is most well known for their backpack hydration systems, but they happen to make some pretty great water bottles as well.

I recently bought a bunch of these bottles for my kids and they love the Eddy bite valve as well as the chug lid. They have been encouraging us to drink more water each day and I wanted to know how many bottles we'd need to drink in order to drink the recommended 8 cups/day.

If your goal is to drink eight cups of water per day, you’ll need to drink four 16 oz CamelBak bottles, two 32 oz bottles, or one 64 oz bottle. Just keep in mind, the exact amount of water you need to drink everyday varies from person to person based on their activity level, age, health, and location. 

Below, I’ll show you exactly how many CamelBak bottles you’ll need to drink to reach your water intake goals and teach you how to determine how much water you really should be drinking every day.  

How Many CamelBak Water Bottles Should You Be Drinking Per Day?

The number of CamelBak water bottles you should drink per day depends mostly on two factors — the size of your bottle and your daily fluid intake goal.

CamelBak bottles come in a pretty wide range of sizes, from a modest 12 ounces all the way up to a massive half gallon.

I personally have one 24 oz bottle for the kids and two 27 oz bottles for myself (but the kids tend to use it too).

Depending on the size of your bottle, the exact number you’ll need to drink can vary drastically. 

The below chart can help you determine how many CamelBak bottles you should drink each day to reach your target. 

CamelBak Bottle Size4 Cups/Day8 Cups/Day1 Gal/Day
12 oz2.75.310.7
14 oz2.34.69.1
16 oz248
20 oz1.63.26.4
21 oz1.536.1
24 oz1.32.75.3
25 oz1.32.65.1
27 oz1.22.44.7
32 oz124
40 oz0.81.63.2
50 oz0.61.32.6
64 oz0.512

How Much Water Should You Be Drinking Per Day?

Determining how much water you should drink per day is a little more complicated than defaulting to the standard advice of drinking 8 glasses per day — though it’s a reasonable estimate. 

According to the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, an adequate daily fluid intake is somewhere around 15.5 cups for men and 11.5 for women. Just keep in mind, about 20% of that will come from food and the remaining 80% from water and other drinks. 

So not all of that needs to come from your CamelBak (or any other brand) water bottles. Drinking that much water per day you would be going to the bathroom A LOT!

Healthcare Triage did a pretty good job of summing it all up in the video below. 

I personally still aim for the 8 glasses a day even though I know it's not a requirement.

Being well hydrated can be great for your skin and a variety of other functions in your body. Plus as someone who drinks a lot of coffee (which apparently is dehydrating) then drinking a bit of extra water to make up for this can't hurt.

Get Yourself A CamelBak Water Bottle

CamelBak Water Bottles come in a variety of designs and styles — from bike bottles to insulated, stainless steel bottles that can keep water cold for 24 hours or more. 

CamelBak Eddy+ Water Bottle – Straw Top (25oz)
$15.65

Made from BPA-Free Tritan Renew plastic this bottle features the Eddy+ bite valve straw lid.

Leak proof when closed, spill proof when open this bottle is lightweight, easy to carry and extremely durable.

Buy Now at Amazon
11/29/2022 05:33 am GMT

Grab your own CamelBak water bottle on Amazon.